Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Misty, cool day on Beaver Lake

I'm back from a ten day paddling trip through the Upper Peninsula, most of the time I was on Lake Superior, but I found this lovely inland body of water, Beaver Lake, in the Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore between Munising and Grand Marais. There's a small campground and boat launch there, and it has a creek, Beaver Creek, that empties into Lake Superior, so you can get to the shoreline of the big lake. It's a bit of a trip. You have to get out of your kayak and "line" your boat through the creek, which means pull it. It's about a quarter mile to the big lake. Many of the days I was there, it was misty and cool, and I'm yearning for that weather again as I sit at my computer in southeastern Michigan editing my photos in 90 degree heat.

No comments:

Post a Comment